Item - Antioxidants Capacity*
1. Tea - 927
2. Green Tea - 814 +/- 30
3. Spinach - 129 +/- 6
4. Beets - 81 +/- 25
5. Leaf Lettuce - 49 +/- 7
6. Cauliflower - 46 +/- 11
7. Garlic - 46 +/- 9
8. Onion - 40 +/- 2
9. Cabbage - 32 +/- 2
10. Carrot - 26 +/ -8
11. Corn - 22 +/- 4
12. Potato - 15 +/- 5
13. Cucumber - 15 +/- 2
14. Sweet Potato - /- 2
Benefits of Organic Green Tea
The Antioxidant Capacity is measured by oxygen radical absorbance method using peroxyl radical (AAPM). Trolox is a common Antioxidant and 1u mol of Trolox = 1 gm of dry matter.
How do antioxidants work? ?
- Controls hypertension.
- Controls excessive harmful cholesterol.
- Controls sugar level.
- Controls and stops gastritis.
- Very useful for heart diseases .
- Prevents from the problem of teeth and gums .
- Prevents from the danger of cancer.
- Deters food poisoning.
- Fights against bacteria and virus.
- Acts as a bio-regulatory food.
- Removes excessive fat.
- Improves the digestive system.
- Helps to increase alertness, freshness, concentration and determination.
- Can be used as germicide for cleansing wound and fungal infection.
- Anti aging properties.
- The greatest green tea benefit is the presence of polyphenol oxidize - an abundant supply of antioxidants. Antioxidants can be termed as the “true elixir” of life.
- The activity of antioxidants in tea is more than that in over 21 fruits and vegetables.
Antioxidants protect the cells from a natural process called “oxidative stress”. Although oxygen is vital for life, oxidation produces free radicals that damages human cells. This damaging, physiological process works against the immune system and is also held responsible for aging. Antioxidants help our body eliminate these harmful free radicals.
In fact, a decrease in the level of antioxidants is proportional to the increased risk from cancer, heart attacks and umpteen other health disorders. A new research shows that antioxidants in tea may actually help fight cataract – one of the primary causes of blindness globally.
Green tea contains polyphenols which are powerful antioxidants. They favor those bacteria that are beneficial to the human body while killing those that are harmful.
Having seen the harmful effects of chemical fertilizers and pesticides, the world is slowly reverting back to natural ways of nourishment without adulteration by chemicals.
How to use Green Tea?
1. Put a cup of water to boil.
2. Just before boiling point is reached, discontinue heating and immediately add 1 teaspoon of the green tea leaves.
3. Cover the lid and allow to infuse for a couple of minutes.
4. Strain and consume the water with sugar to taste (optional).
5. Feel the vitality flow in.